The High Point Missionary Baptist Association was organized in High Point, NC in August of 1889. Reverend Anthony Wilborn, Spencer Thomas, F. R. Howell, and W.D. Haden and others composed the organization and took the name where the first meeting was held. Considered as one the of small associations and composed of small churches, no association in the state of NC was more loyal to the work of the State Convention than the High Point Association.
In 1919, the Association added the Sunday School Convention, now known as the Congress of Christian Education. In 1913, the Woman's Auxilary, and in 1940, the Usher Board now known as the HELPS Ministry. The Association continued to progress and thrive under the leadership of Moderators J. B. Ellis and W. L Wilson.
Today, the Association is known as The High Point Educational and Missionary Baptist Association to highlight not only our missionary efforts, but to incorporate the education of its members and to promote the welfare of member churches. During the Association's One Day Sessions, Revival and Annual Sessions in the summer, the ministry and mission of the HPEMBA is introduced and taught to all who attend the sessions. The HPEMBA provides support for its member churches and congregants. To date, there are over thirty churches registered with HPEMBA.
CHRONOLOGY OF PRESIDENTS/MODERATORS
Rev. F. Parham 1889-1890
Rev. F. W. Long 1894-1910
Rev. Spencer Thomas 1910-1913
Rev. J. E. Boykins 1913-1924
Rev. J.B. Ellis 1924-1949
Rev. W. L. Wilson 1949-1989
Rev. Dr. W. E. Brannon 1989-1993
Rev. Dr. James R. Rudd 1993-1997
Rev. Dr. James A. Webster 1997-2001
Rev. Dr. J.T. Walker 2001-2005
Rev. Dr. John Jackson 2005-2009
Rev. Dr. Samuel J. Cornelius 2009-2012
Rev. Ronnie McLaughlin 2012-Present
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved
P.O. Box 17336 Winston-Salem, NC 27116
High Point Educational and Missionary Baptist Association
Administrative Secretary's Phone: 336.782.8266